Saturday, January 8, 2011

Interview With Knave Karina

 ___________________________________________

I just got a new sponsor for my blog please take a few minutes, and visit them as a thank you. I have watched a few of the movies here, and they will have you on the floor. Go check it out 
RiffTrax - We don't make movies, we make fun of them!
 ____________________________________________
OK, OK I Know I promised you an interview with adult actress Kylee Kross this week, but things did not go as I had planned. Be rest assured that interview is coming soon. Instead we have something I am sure you are going to love. We sat down with artistic nude model Knave Karina, and picked her brains for a bit, and now I get to share her answers with you. Once again I have had the pleasure of working with this model in the past, and all I can say is WOW! What an amazing presence in front of the camera. At just over 5' tall she poses as if she were over 6' without heels. If you are a photographer, and you get the chance to work with Karina, don't pass up on the opportunity, you will not be sorry.

Now The Interview.


  1. What is the meaning behind your name?
KnaveKarina came about from a simple need for a username. My process was to use a thesaurus to find words that worked well. I believe the original search was for the word 'rogue' and knave popped up. It worked as an alliteration as well.

   2. Where were you born, and grow up?
   Technically, I grew up in Washington DC, New York City, India, Saudi Arabia, and around London. My family spent a lot of time traveling.
     
   3. How old were you when you starting modeling?
   My very first shoot was with a friend when I was 16. I didn't start seriously modeling until I was 20.
  
   4. What made you want to be a model?
   I started out as a photographer and migrated to the other side of the camera. People wanted photos of me and I obliged. It turned into something incredibly fun so, here I am.
  
   5. What style do you prefer when modeling?
   Most of the work I do is artistic and glamour nudes. I also enjoy clothed shoots when other people give me things to wear.
  6. Is modeling a full time job? If not what else do you do?
   Modeling is not my full time job. I build and manage websites for select individuals and small businesses.
  
  
   7. What type of photographer do you like. One that directs every move, or one that lets you just do your own thing?
   My ideal photographer is one that is flexible with spur-of-the-moment ideas but, know where they would like to go with them.
  
   8. What do you like best. To shoot on set, or to shoot on location, and why.
   I enjoy shooting both in and out of studio although I currently would like to do more out of studio shots or more unique sets in studio for the sake of having some variety.
     
  9. Do like to work alone, or do you mind working with other models.
  While I do not mind working with other models, I find it best to work with those that I have chemistry with on a personal level. Lack of chemistry really shows within a piece and detracts from the overall image.
 
  
  10. Do you like working with  male or female models better?
  Currently, I have only worked with female models.
 
  11. What is your favorite junk or comfort food?
  My comfort food is Pioneer Woman's Spicy Mac and Cheese
 
  12. What do you sleep in?
  That's an odd question. Typically, I sleep in a bed but, I will sometimes fall asleep on the couch while working.
   
  13. Dogs or Cats?
  Both. I love dogs for their energy and loyalty and cats for their easy going attitude.
 
  14. How many tattoos do you have?
  I have absolutely no ink to speak of nor do I have plans to get any.
 
  15. Showers or Baths?
  Showers on normal days, baths on bad ones. Showers take 10 minutes, baths are for serious relaxation and reflection.
 
  16. What do you like to do on your days off
  Haha! What days off? I'm pretty much always working on one thing or another. When I do have free time, I'm either reading or playing video games.
 
  17. Do you like interacting with your fans?
  Interacting with my fans is humbling as well as flattering. I'm still not entirely sure how to take some of their compliments but, I do enjoy the things they have to tell me.
 
  18. How do you deal with fans that become let's say a problem
  There are ignore, block, and report buttons for that. Of course, that's AFTER civil discussion fails.
 
  19. Are you single?
  Not at all.
    
  20. How long do you think you will continue to model?
  As long as there is a demand for photos of me and I continue to enjoy it, I'll keep posing.
 
  21. What is the one thing most people don't know about you that would shock them if they knew?
  My music collection tends to shock people. In terms of genres, it's all over the place. It includes The Beatles, Sinatra, Pink, Evanescence, Guns and Roses, Tori Amos, Eminem, Disturbed, and show tunes, to name a few.
 
  22. When home alone what is your perfect day?
  Eating sushi, watching Gone with the Wind, or having all day to play World of Warcraft.
 
  23. Do you have a wish-list for fans to send you stuff?
  The idea of a wish list hasn't occurred to me. I'd honestly prefer to stick to receiving messages and the occasional piece of art.
   
  24. Where else can fans find you.
  All of the sites I am on are linked from my main webpage, KnaveKarina.com

Karina can also be found on these sites



OK, there you have. I hope you enjoyed reading that as much as I did. Be sure to check out Karina on her many websites, and support her. Remember you heard it hear first. This young lady is going to become a household name within the next 5 years. 

Next Week's Interview:

Next week I have a real treat for you. I will be bringing you fashion model Kori Lei. If you have not seen Kori's work in the past, Oh, let me say you are about to see how it should be done. Be sure to tune in next week for Kori Lei
 
That's all for now. Until next week, 

"Keep your eye on the subject, and your finger on the shutter"

Duke Barrett, Jr.

Get updates about my blog, and when know when I post new interviews. Duke Barrett On Twitter





No comments: